Sunday, May 2, 2010

April Favorites



Lush’s Honey I Washed the Kids

This is Lush’s best selling soap and now I know why, it is soft, sweet, and leaves me feeling smooth. Description from the website:
Once you've unwrapped this mouth-watering toffee scented soap, you'll immediately want to wash yourself all over with it - and then wash your honey, and then the kids and maybe even gran if she's lucky. With masses of honey and aloe, this delectable bar is perfect for washing the whole family, even those with sensitive skin. Topped with a slice of beeswax and infused with bergamot and sweet orange to lift spirits right up into honey-heaven. I have tried a number of Lush soaps including I Should Coco, Figs and Leaves, Chox Away, Bohemian, and Sexy Peel and this is by far my favorite and one I will continue to repurchase. The bar itself is soft and luxurious feeling and it is does have some lather to it, it leaves skin feeling soft and smelling great!


Korrs Lip Butter

After hearing so much about this lip butter on youtube.com I had to give it a try. I chose the color/scent in Jasmine a sheer neutral/pink color and I gotta say, I love it. Here is the description from Sephora: Lip Butter
What it is:
A buttery balm that melts onto the lips and cheeks for a pretty touch of color.
What it is formulated to do:
Korres Lip Butter gives lips a lovely, shiny finish and offers a natural flush when applied to the apples of the cheeks. Its shea-butter infusion conditions and heals lips and provides a softening touch to the skin.
This lip butter is soft, not sticky, smells great, is a great color and has pretty good staying power- you also get a lot of product for just $10.


Lush’s Honey Trap

When my lips need moisturizing, but I don’t want any color I use Honey Trap- I love using this when I am just hanging around or before I go to bed- my lips actually feel softer after I use this. This smells amazing, just like lush’s massage bar Mange Too. Here is the description from the website: Chock full of ingredients to make your lips kissably soft and seductively sweet, Honey Trap moisturizes with Shea butter and olive oil, holds in moisture with honey and beeswax and tastes sweet like white chocolate and vanilla (because that's what's in it!). Smooth on some of this heavenly sweet mixture and you'll bare a remarkable resemblance to a temptress used as bait in a trap (think James Bond); this balm will attract lots of honeys to you for kissing. This is $6.95 for a small tin, but it should last a good amount of time, this too has good staying power-I have tried millions of lip balms/conditioners and this is my favorite colorless one.





Lush’s Squeaky Clean solid shampoo

I received this solid shampoo par in a miniature size to try with Naked pack two weeks ago, I never would have purchased this on my own. I have tried a Burt’s Bees version of a shampoo bar and didn’t like it much. However, this is great- one of the full size bars will last 60-80 shampoos and my hair has never looked or felt better. Lush’s description: One little green bar lasts between 60 – 80 washes, contains no preservatives or packaging and is full of fantastic essential oils for the hair and scalp. Rosemary, nettle and peppermint go to work revitalizing and stimulating the scalp, while rose and vanilla balance out the fragrance. Using just one of these fresh green bars will last long enough to save the environment from producing, shipping and recycling three plastic bottles of liquid shampoo. It leaves your hair and the environment squeaky clean. This is worth a try if you are looking for something that is good for the environment, your hair, and your wallet.


Lush’s Mange Too Massage Bar

Looking for an alternative to your daily body lotion? Try one of Lush’s massage bars, my favorite is Mange Too. Description: Mouth-watering white chocolate, honey and peppermint seduce you with their crafty ways, making this bar simply irresistible (we just want to let you know what you'll be getting yourself into). It will leave your skin soft, smooth and smelling delicious, which could lead to some steamy situations. You may be tempted to take a bite out of the unsuspecting victim you've rubbed it onto or the bar itself (which we've done too and it really doesn't taste too badly) but it's for massage, so start there. For $9.95 you get your most bang for your buck for 3.5oz and it is the most amazing smelling massage bar there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment