Thursday, May 27, 2010

May's Hits and Misses

HIT!

MAC Mineralized blush in Dainty-Last month I went into the MAC store on Newbury St. in Boston, MA. I explained to the associate that I already owned two MAC blushes; Dollymix (a pure candy pink sheertone shimmer) and Peachykeen (very baby peach sheertone shimmer) and I wanted a blush that was a shade in between these two. The SA recommended a mineral blush –Dainty. Although I loved the color I was obsessed with filling my palette and not taking up any more room with products so I passed on it then. That was until I found it at a CCO (cosmetic company outlet) and then I had to have it. Dainty is described as a light yellow pink with gold pearl. It really is the perfect color for summer, the mineralized blushes seem to be less pigmented than the regular blushes but still pretty and wearable. I love this corally-pink shade for summer!!



MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Flush- This is the first Mineral Skin Finish that I have purchased and used and now I know why everyone loves them! The first day I wore this on my cheek bones as a highlighter I received compliments: “You looks so fresh and pretty today, you are glowing” Whoo hoo! Since the only thing I really did different was the highlighter, I am giving it all the credit for my fresh glow! I really don’t know how I lived with out one of these MSF’s before and I can't wait to add more to my collection- I have my eye on Petticoat and By Candlelight which
are going to be repromotes in the new IN THE GROOVE collection coming out July 8th!!!



MAC Melon Pigment- Pigments are a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. These can create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting. Melon is my very first pigment and I am in love! This is such a pretty color for summer. It looks great on the eyes and as a highlighter. It is described a soft bright golden peach. Now I know why everyone makes such a fuss over the pigments, they truly are original colors and great products.



Moroccan Oil- Once again I have read numerous reviews and articles about the benefits of Moroccan oil. After my friend let me borrow her to test drive it I decided to purchase my own. I only use a dime size amount on my towel-dried hair and I gotta say, my hair has never felt smoother and softer or looked healthier. I will be using this forever! New HG beauty product!!






China Glaze-For Audrey-Being obsessed with anything relatable to Audrey Hepburn this was no brainer for me. I had read some reviews on temptalia.com about this nailpolish and after seeing this wonderful color on my friend Jen, I had to have it. It really is a unique color and reminds me of Tiffany’s!! I have already received lots of compliments on it and I will be wearing it on my toes ALL summer long!!



MAC Hello Kitty tinted lip conditioner in Popster- This is a from the limited edition Hello Kitty Collection. Luckily my CCO had some and I grabbed it up quick. I gotta say- I bought it mostly because of the packaging and the cult like status it has but I really love it!! The color is perfect for me even though most people prefer Pink Fish-this is moisturizing, smells great and looks wonderful!!


Miss!




Cerave Moisturizing Lotion- I purchased this because of the RAVE reviews on Makeuppalley.com and Totalbeauty.com. My skin had become unusually dry because of the products I have been using in the Philosophy On Clear Day Kit-I had previously used Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Lotion and although it didn’t make me breakout it felt greasy on my face and left a white-ish film so I was looking for my holy grain moisturizer. Although I initially loved this product it went on like a dream, absorbed into my skin and my skin had never felt smoother. Unfortunately, after a week a got cyst like acne on my chin and everyday a new pimple came up. I have just stopped using this on my face and will try to use it on my body and see how it works.





Clarasonic Mia- Again, I purchased this because of the RAVE reviews on the previous websites mentioned and on youtube, almost all my favorite bloggers own and love this. Although this was on my April Favorites list I decided to return it to Sephora. Although I loved how clean my face felt and I loved using a brush to get my makeup off; I didn’t really see any results in my skin. So for $150 I decided I would return this and try it’s dupe the I-Skin Pore Perfecting System for $30. I am still undecided on how I feel about this item but so far it is a great inexpensive alternative to the Clarasonic.


Sex and the City 2- Words can not describe my love for this series, the first movie or my anticipation for the second movie. However, words can not describe my disappointment while watching this move. Cheesy one-liners, forced dialogue, sitcom like plot all awful. Nothing and I mean Nothing happens in this move, no story line, no plot, Nothing!! I wish they would have just ended it with the first movie instead of making me think of my beloved SATC girls in a different way.

Still Unsure About -will review soon

I-Skin

Purpose Cleanser

Philosophy On a Clear Day kit


Mark Powder Buff Natural Foundation


Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer


MAC Marine Life Highlighter

No comments:

Post a Comment