Saturday, October 2, 2010

Autumn Hauling


HAULING...

So, today was a great Autumn day, sunny, breezy and there were sales everywhere. It ended up being a pretty amazing day, and I wanted to share some amazing products and finds with you.

First up. Ulta-


Ulta was having a 40%off of Maybelline, Revlon, Physicians Formula and NYX sale as well as a Buy One Get One 50% off Essie, OPI, and China Glaze (but you couldn't mix and match brands-so annoying) plus a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase (*prices reflect SALE price)


NYX- Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in Dark Brown and French Fries $2.51 each. Dark Brown is pretty self-explanatory but French Fries is a coppery bronze shade. I have Milk and Black Bean already and they are great for bases. They are smooth and blend amazingly, but do crease, so be ware.

Revlon- Luxurious Color Eyeliner in Antiqued Gold (504) $5.99-Description from package- define eyes with rich, luxurious color that lasts all day. Silky-smooth formula and built-in smudger create versatile looks from precise to smoky. This is one of the only eyeliners I have EVER repurchased. This gold works AMAZING on the lash line for a wide eyes bronzed effect. I have tried many different gold eyeliners including Sephora brand and Rimmel and none of them work well on the lash line. I used up my last pencil (which lasted a LONG time) and finally broke down and bought it again after trying (and failing) with other brands.

Maybelline- The Falsies Volum' Express Washable Mascara in Brownish Black (282) $4.19-Description from packaging: Unique and flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of more lashes. Patented Spoon brush and Kera-fiber formula instantly build 8x more volume without clumping to complete the false lash look. To use: For best results hold brush with spoon side against lashes and sweep from root to tip. Repeat until desired look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats. I have never tried this mascara before but it was 40% off so I figured why not? I already have pretty long lashes, so volume mascaras work the best for me so I am hoping this will be a great product. Unfortunately I had to get Brownish Black which I normally wouldn't choose but I figured it may be good for work. I will update with a review.

Physicians Formula- Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker in Warm Black (2431) $3.59-Description from packaging: Finally, perfect lining made easy! Amazing formula provides the defined look of a liquid liner without the mess; won't tug the delicate skin surrounding the eye. Unique felt-tip marker glides on for mistake-proof lining in one easy, clean stroke. Creates a fine or bold line for natural or dramatic definition! Your eyes won't believe your eyes! Innovative formula offers super long-lasting wear-up to 24 hours-for high impact drama all day or night. Features the most intense, bold shades that dry instantly for maximum definition. Won't smear, smudge or fade! Ultra-gentle formula is easily removed with your everyday, gentle eye makeup remover. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Dermatologist approved. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Directions: Apply eye marker at the base of lashes in a fine or bold line. Never apply eye marker inside the lash line. Keep cap tightly coled to avoid pen formula from drying out. Maintain tip in downward positing when storing and do not shake pen. Again, I have never tried this but bought it based on a lot of recommendations from Beauty Guru's on youtube.com and blogspot.com. Review to follow.

Essie-nail polish is Sew Psyched $8- this is described as "cashmere-soft sage pewter color". I have tried a few essie colors and have either returned them or given them away because they are thin, streaky, and hard to use. However, this unique color gave me reason to try essie again, I have read reviews that said this is one of the "good essies" so I am looking forward to trying it and using it as one of my fall staples. I didn't benefit from the Buy One Get One 1/2 Off sale because you were allowed to mix and match brands and there wasn't another Essie colored that I really wanted (well there were 3 -mink muffs, merino cool, little brown dress or even velvet voyeur-but none of there were available) and I didn't want to risk buying a "bad essie" so I passed.

Maybelline-Dream Liquid Mousse in Creamy Natural Light 5 $4.79-Described online on their website as: a air-whipped formula providing great coverage. Smooth, 100% poreless finish with natural luminosity. Air-brushed natural perfection. Blends effortlessly for a flawless, air-brushed finish. Oil-free, fragrance-free, Dermotologist tested, Allergy tested, won't clog pores. Safe for sensitive skins and good for all skin types.


I already own the Dream Cream Mousse in the same color and really like for an easy full-coverage look. I have heard even better reviews for the Liquid Mouse so I decided to take advantage of the 40% off and try it.



The Body Shop-Body Butters in Almond and Coconut 2 for $23.98Description: a rich intensive cream with luxurious oils that moisturize up to 24hrs and made with Community Trade pure organic cold-pressed virgin-oil. I haven't used any of the body butters in a LONG time.. like years so I was excited to get some when my other lotions ran out and I needed a more intense moisturizer for winter. Lucky me-I hit the jackpot again, The Body Shop was having a "Scent Even" were you purchase a paper bag for $3 and then you get 50% off of any scented products and $1 from every bag supports Stop Sex Trafficking campaign partners so how can you go wrong. So I decided to buy because they were basically buy one get one and that was GREAT! I already used the Almond body butter after I took a shower from my long shopping day and the smell and texture are fantastic, it has been on for two hours and my skin still feels soft and moist where usually after 20min I can't tell I put lotion on. These are a must-have for the dry winter months and they have a very large selections of scents so everyone can find one they love!



Forever 21- Faux Fur Collar/Scarf-$10.88- Description from website: Luxurious faux fur collar featuring adjustable magnetic closure. One size fits all. Shell-62%acrylic and 30% polyester, Lining-100% polyester. Hand wash-line dry. For under $11 I had to buy this, fur is one of the top trends for fall and winter. I can't remember if it was the Sept or Oct InSyle that talked about fur collars but once I had seen them I loved it, what a great way to add an inexpensive piece to your already existing wardrobe.


Aldo Accessories-Silver Chain Earrings and Shoe Clips both for $11.99- Another fabulous sale- Buy One Get One for $11.99. The Shoe Clips are so cute and versatile they have black enamel with gold trim and rhinestone middles that will look great on flats. The silver earrings are super cute long sliver multi-chains that are kind of heavy to wear and a little long so I may need to shorten them and see how that works.

Target- PJ Shorts- I seriously found these on a very small clearance rack for 75 cents each!! I am not kidding. I think they were probably part of a PJ set that was some how separated so Target was selling them really cheap-another great score.

Well hopefully this haul will hold me over shopping wise until Christmas. I did go to MAC to check out the Venomous Villains Collection and of course anything worth seeing was sold out! I didn't love anything from the collection so I never put anything on hold and am saving for the new collection coming out this winter. Reviews on some of these Autumn Haul product coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment