Monday, March 8, 2010

February Favorites- Skincare



Okay, so now that we are well into March I can discuss some of my favorites in February. Now please understand I never buy ANYTHING without checking millions of reviews first. My favorite way of doing this is through youtube.com and totalbeauty.com. This is beacause as I see it if I am going to shell out my hard earned money for a product, it better be the best damn product I can buy! Therefore I present to you (with much trial and error as well as an insane number of hours online) my favorites in:

Skincare

Cleanser: Aveda Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel-$20-derived gel cleanser that foams-away impurities and helps normalize skin. Enriched with chamomile, lavender and anti-oxidant vitamin E.
• Gently dissolves makeup and impurities
• Leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed
• For normal to oily skin
• Refreshing new aroma with 16 certified organic essential oils
-I have been using this for about two months now and I have noticed a difference in my skin clarity as well as the overall condition of my skin. I started with a sample size and when I ran out bought the big one.

Exfoliant: (Daily) Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant-$19-This non-abrasive liquid wipes away spent surface cells revealing a smoother, clearer, more refined complexion beneath—and pores that are primed for maximum treatment and moisture benefits.
• Promotes skin clarity and smoothness
• Leaves skin looking soft, smooth and supple—with a healthy glow
• For all skin types
-I also bought this as a sample size and I am about half way through. I am not to sure if I will repurchase this again because I am unsure if it is actually doing anything.

Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil-Free Oil-Free Acne Stress Control, 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment-$7.99-Make acne one less stress
with MicroClear Technology
1. Treats acne even before it emerges
2. Hydrates & softens
3. Reduces redness
-I have been using this product for three months and although I like it, it simply not moisturizing enough. Therefore, I mix a dime size amount of this with the next moisture to create a great one.

Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin-$11.99-Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Combination Skin:
• Moisturizes dry areas and controls shine in oily areas
• Lightweight, non-greasy formula moisturizes where skin is dry, without leaving it oily or shiny
• Skin looks and feels softer and smoother
• Clinically proven oil-absorbing MICROSPONGE system controls oil and shine in the T-zone, or wherever skin is oily for a natural, matte finish all day
• Oil-free formula absorbs quickly and won't clog pores, which can cause breakouts

Scrub: (weekly) Lush’s Ocean Salt – $32.95- coarse sea salt to give skin a fresh glow. Brightening and cleansing grapefruit infusion and lime oil are balanced with nutritious and moisturizing fresh avocado butter and coconut fat.
-I have only used this three times and I do love the scent and how my skin feels after it. However, I am unsure yet if it causing breakouts or not.

Mask: Lush’s Love Lettuce-$5.95-An effective, exfoliating face mask which gives normal to oily skin a softened, smoothed and radiant glow. Polishing almond shell is balanced by the skin softening qualities of almond oil and seaweed gel. With soothing lavender essential oil and the cleansing, tightening action of Fullers Earth, you'll feel fresh in no time. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for five to ten minutes, then rinse with warm water massaging gently. Keep chilled.
I have used this twice so far and I don't really see too much difference in my skin other than new breakouts- however, I am hoping the mask is simply detoxifying and cleansing my skin and the breakouts are temporary. Time will tell!

Please let me know if you have tried any of these products or what your skincare routine is, and remember:

Khalil Gibran, (1883 - 1931)
"Beauty is not in the face;
a beauty is a light in the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment