Saturday, October 2, 2010

September Favorites




Brahmin-Caroline Zip-Top Satchel $325 -For those of you who aren't familiar with the Brahmin brand they are a really great higher-end leather works brand that is based in Fairhaven, MA (only about 20min from me). They still have their outlet store there were you can score one-of-a-kind and sample bags (I have two of these bags and adore the fact that they are one-of-a-kind) and great sales, sometimes up to 50%off. About twice a year they hold a tent sale where you can get handbags and accessories for up to 50% off the retail price. At this year's autumn tent sale I picked up the Caroline Zip-Top Satchel in taupe/tan with crocodile (which Brahmin is known for) accents for 60% off retail price. I love this bag because it is so classic (can't you picture Audrey Hepburn carrying this) and you can wear it as a satchel or shoulder bag. Brahmin is sold at Nordstroms and Dillards and can also be found at www.brahmin.com


Animal Prints- are a MUST have this fall. Although I usually opt for classic looks I couldn't pass up this scarf that I bought at H&M for $9.95. I wore it out to breakfast and shopping yesterday and literally received a dozen compliments on it. It looks so expensive and paired with a black tee, skinny jeans and pointy toed flats it is a great way to wear animal print and be trendy while also remaining classy.








Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Foundation- I use to use this ALL the time when it first came out. However, when I feel in love with MAC I abandoned it but have recently fell back in love. This foundation is a sheer to light coverage that looks like skin, it is amazing to even out your skin tone and lasts throughout the day. I use the color 100 in Light and it is a perfect match for NW20 coloring. I use my hands to spreed it on and then use my MAC 187 to kind of blend and even it out. I also set it with my MAC MSF natural.









Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation in Creamy Natural- After I finished up using my old/left over Almay foundation I went to repurchase it and realized it was $13.99, that is A LOT of money for a drugstore makeup, so I was looking around and came across this maybelline foundation that I heard a lot about on youtube and it was on sale for $7 so I figured, "why not?". I do like it, but is a heavier coverage, more medium-to full. I applied it with my 187 brush and it still looks a little cakey and less "air brushed" like the ad says, you need a very light hand when applying this but I do like the texture and finish it leaves once it is appliet correctly.


L'oreal EverStrong Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner $6.99. I have been using sulfate-free shampoos on and off for a year now and so my favorite is the l'oreal everstrong brand, it doesn't weigh my hair down or feel flat. Instead my hair feels smooth, healthy and looks incredibly shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment